GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SYRIA
Syria, is a country located in the Middle East on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea . Syria is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a rich artistic and cultural heritage . It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities on earth.
TOURIST AREAS IN SYRIA
(Damascus and its Countryside)
The Old City
Al Azem Palace
The National Museum of Damascus
Lady of Sednaya Monastery
Chapel of Saint Ananias
St. Paul's Church
The Town of Maaloula
(Where people still speak Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ)
Citadel of Damascus
The industrial cities can provide the space needed to encourage and settle investments and are able to attract a large number of investors .Industrial cities can provide additional gains and obtain exemptions stipulated in the new investment law No(18) which takes into account the instructions issued by the Prime Minister to overcome all the difficulties that may face the investor to start work at top speed without any obstacles.
Adra Industrial City
With an area of 5200 hectares
Hassiya Industrial City
With an area of 3000 hectares
Shiekh Najjar Industrial City
With an area of 9000 hectares
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN SYRIA
The new investment law No. 18 takes into account a set of challenges such as areas that need development or reconstruction and guarantees its investments.
Syria produced heavy oil from fields in the north-east, and light-grade, low-sulfur oil was also discovered near Deir Ez-Zor in eastern Syria.
phosphates (Syria produced about 1.9% of the world’s production of phosphate rock and was ranked ninth in the world in terms of production.
Oil and Natural Gas
Oil is a large industry that constitutes a major component of the Syrian economy before 2011. Syria was the first crude oil producing country in the eastern Mediterranean region, thanks to its strategic location and potential energy transit routes, as a connection center between East and West
- In May 2007, the Syrian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources introduced four offshore blocks for exploration.
- In 2010, a US geological survey already estimated 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 122 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the entire Levant Basin.
- The last report published in 2011 by the French company (CGG-Veritas) confirmed encouraging results for oil and gas reserves in Syrian territorial waters.
- In March 2011, the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources offered four other offshore blocks with an area of 7,750 square kilometers for exploration as well.
- In 2019, many foreign companies signed deals with the Syrian government to explore and develop onshore and offshore energy resources in Syria.
Now, all indications show that the Syrian government will control all oil fields in eastern and northeastern Syria very soon, in one way or another. And this requires a lot of maintenance , services and rehabilitation, while the majority of Oil And Gas Fields throughout the rest of the country (in land and off-shore) are being offered by the Syrian Government for investment .
Some international companies have already signed contracts and got down to business . .
The years 2022 -2024 are considered to be very promising for investment in the oil and gas in Syria.